Terms of Sale
- V.A.T. - UK Value Added Tax is included in the price.
- Prices - Prices charged will be those displayed on the payment screen.
- Carriage - Delivery is by 1st class Royal Mail. The option of next day delivery is available at an extra cost.
- Non Delivery -
Lost in Transit
Claims for non-delivery must be made in writing or by e-mail to AVUKLTD.COM. For credit cards please quote the World Pay confirmation number that was e-mailed to you. For cheques please quote the cheque number. Normal delivery is FIVE working days, and express delivery is three working days please contact us if this time has expired and you have not received the goods.
- Out of Stock
In the event that any remote is temporarily out of stock, RemoteControlShop.co.uk will contact purchasers and ask them if they wish to stay on ‘back order’ or if they wish to cancel their order for a full refund.
- Damage or Short Delivery - Damage/shortages must be noted on Carriers Delivery Sheet immediately or, in exceptional circumstances within 7 days. Notice in writing should be given
RemoteControlShop.co.uk. within 7 days of receipt of goods.
- Ordering - RemoteControlShop.co.uk reserves the right to refuse any order at any time.
- Cancellation of orders -
- Under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 consumers have a cooling-off period of 7 days, beginning on the day after they receive the goods to cancel their contract with the company subject to the following provisions;
- Notice of cancellation must be received by the company in writing at the address printed on the invoice within the 7 day period to be effective.
- The company reserves the right to charge a fee for any returns made within this cancellation period for goods which conform to the contract and which satisfy the implied terms contained under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
This charge will cover the direct cost incurred by the company to arrange recovery of the goods in question.
- Goods which do not conform with the contract or the implied terms contained within the Sale of Goods Act 1979 will be replaced or their price refunded without charge.
- When requesting a cancellation, please include the Invoice Number on which goods were purchased as well as the Name and Address.
- A refund will be issued within 30 days of receiving the cancellation request after deducting overhead costs as per Sale of Goods Act 1979.
- Specification - The customer shall be wholly responsible for checking that the products are entirely appropriate for the use and application to which they may be put.The specification and description of the goods on our site have been supplied by manufacturers and were correct to the best of AV UK Ltd. knowledge at the time of the site going live. In view of the rights claimed by manufacturers to change specification without notice and whilst all reasonable care is taken to ensure that due notification of such change is given, customers are advised to check the exact specification of all goods PRIOR TO ORDER where variations will be material to performance.
If a remote control returned is subsequently found not to be faulty or incorrect
but has either been ordered by mistake or the equipment itself is found to be at fault,
a 30% charge will be levied to cover costs we incurred in processing
and sending out the original order, and will be deducted from the refund we issue.
This does not effect your statutory rights.
Information that we are obliged to keep for accountancy purposes is kept for the legal length of time and is kept strictly private and confidential.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.